Town Releases Timeline for Opening Parks and Offices
May 11, 2020
In accordance with the Indiana Governor’s Executive Order on May 1, Albion has developed a plan to institute safeguards to ensure a safe environment for their employees, customers, clients, and members of the public entering the building to do business with town staff. The safety measures in this plan will be taken as we loosen restrictions and “re-open” our offices and departments.
The Albion Re-Opening Plan includes target dates for opening public facilities, including pavilions, playgrounds, splash pad, ballfields and the Town Hall. Tips for visiting Albion facilities and highlights of these opening dates follow.
Anyone visiting an Albion facility should comply with social distancing and sanitary requirements, including but not limited to:
- wearing face coverings, especially when in meetings, when enjoying parks, playgrounds and other public spaces or attending community events
- maintaining six-foot social distancing with members of the general public
- use physical measures to create distance, for example sit a few tables away from other visitors in a pavilion
- Frequently wash hands or take precautions with hand sanitizer, wipe surfaces you touch after engaging in public with cleanser including steering wheels, door handles, phones, purse handles, etc. and wash your hands, outer clothing layers, and masks as soon as you get home.
Clerk-Treasurer’s Office/Town Hall
- The office will remain closed to the public until July 6. Delivery or pickup of items by appointment only. The office will be staffed during regular office hours of 8am-4pm, Monday-Friday to provide assistance to coworkers and the public (via telephone or email).
- Throughout May, teleconferencing will be utilized for all Town Council meetings, Park Board, Redevelopment Commission, staff meetings and others as needed. After June 14, public meetings will be held at Town Hall but at-risk members are strongly encouraged to teleconference. IF anyone is present, room sanitation will include: cleaning seats, tables, door handles and other surfaces will be conducted before and after gathering. Facemasks are expected, especially if participants cannot be 6’ apart.
- Through the month of June, building permits will continue to be applied for and issued by email, mail, through the dropbox, or by appointment. Appointments are always recommended for more complex construction plans anyway. Appointments will be conducted with social distancing, face masks recommended.
Garage/Yard Sales may be held after May 24. Garage and Yard sale permits will not be required and fees are waived until July 6 when the Town Hall opens to the public. Sales should be set up to encourage social distancing, high-touch areas should be washed often and people should wear face masks and gloves when handling money and using hand santizer or other personal protection.
Town-wide Garage Sales and Albion Clean Up Day
- Town-wide Garage sales are scheduled for July 16th, 17th & 18th.
- Albion Clean Up Day is July 25, 6 a.m. – 12 p.m. Information is on the Albion Facebook page/website.
Currently in Stage 2 (began May 4)
- The Town will consider event applications for gatherings up to 25 subject to social distancing plans, face masks expected
- Worship services resume May 8, social distancing required, PPE encouraged
Stage 3 (beginning May 24)
- The Town will consider event applications for gatherings up to 100 subject to social distancing plans, face masks expected
Stage 4 (beginning June 14)
- The Town will consider event applications for gatherings up to 250 subject to social distancing plans, face masks expected
Stage 5 (beginning July 4) resume to normal with social distancing and PPE suggested.
Albion parks leadership has decided to extend some deadlines beyond the State’s guidelines for the protection of employees and the public, specifically for opening playgrounds, campground and splash pad. Extra cleaning measures have been put in place for all parks facilities.
Stage 2 & 3 (until June 13)
- Parks, trails, disc golf and activities are permitted that can be done with social distancing.
Stage 4 (beginning June 14)
- Pavilion Rentals open
- Bathrooms open at Truelove Pavilion
- Playgrounds open
- Basketball court opens
- Ball Fields may open
Stage 5 (beginning July 4)
- Campground opens
- Splash Pad opens
- Fireworks – Sunday, July 5th at the Central Noble campus with the rain date of Sat. July 11th